EDUCATION and CERTIFICATION:
- M.B.A. Marketing and International Business - University of Southern California, Los Angeles, California.
- International Business Education And Research (IBEAR) academic scholarship
- B.B.A. Business Analysis and Research - Texas A&M University, College
Station, Texas. Graduated 1984.
- President's Endowed Scholar (full academic scholarship)
- College of Business Administration Fellow
matthewv.com, (Development & Software Management Consulting) Westborough,
Massachusetts. 2001 to 2004.
- SINGLESNET.COM / THEHIVE.COM (Dating Website) Needham, Massachusetts. 2007 to Present.
- Software Developer for Content Delivery
- Designed highly scalable and redundant banner delivery system to address $80 billion ad serving market.
- Mathematical modeling and coding of dynamic CHAID content selection.
- C++ coding of custom daemons and Squid redirectors in Debian Linux.
- Created 800Mbps Internet simulator with IP spoofing and transfer speed throttling.
- TESTED TECHNOLOGIES CORPORATION (Internet Security Startup) Westborough, Massachusetts. 2004 to 2007.
- Founder, President, CTO
- Highly distributed, real time security product utilizing wide area detection grid.
- Threat detection and prediction based upon statistical forecasting models selected via genetic algorithm.
- PCT Patent Application number WO 2006/065989 A2.
- Raised $300,000 in friends and family round.
- Retained 3 employees and 3 contractor programmers.
- * Provided architectural design and coding for a 3 layer (end user client, delivery/aggregation servers, redundant central databases), Internet based operation intended to receive and push telemetry from hundreds of thousands to tens of millions of customers every 5 minutes.
AKAMAI TECHNOLOGIES, INC., (Internet Content Delivery) Cambridge,
Massachusetts. 1999 to 2001.
- Contract Development
- Nuview Inc., (Enterprise Storage Management) Houston, Texas. (www.nuview.com)
- Provided architecture, design, and coding for data movement layer of StorageX Windows, Linux, and Solaris (CIFS and NFS protocols).
- Designed and coded pthreads and asynchronous I/O messaging for Unix platforms to mimic Windows I/O completion ports.
- Create nightly test automation for layer, running 5 servers (Win2k, NT, NetApp on Linux) with 800+ scenarios, utilizing VMWare.
- SeanO Toys, (Toy Manufacturer) Westborough, Massachusetts. (www.seano.com)
- Developed event driven game logic on first an 8-bit, then 4-bit
- Designed and implemented electronics through ICE breadboard, proto-pcb
layout, and final layout.
SYSTEMSOFT CORPORATION, (Bios and PCMCIA driver OEM) Natick, Massachusetts. 1995 to
- Director of Process and Software Quality Engineering
- Managed department of 32 contributors and 300 Linux test servers: software developers, SQA
engineers, usability contractors, technical writers, lab
hardware technician, and tools administrators.
- Created business implementation plan of industry software practices
leading to a CMM level 2 assessment.
- Designed and implemented a
common source repository usage model across 4 geographic sites that conformed to our
business practice of weekly releases (Linux and Windws source code). Business practice
- Designed and staffed development of automated build,
unit test, and system test system for our Linux server
products and browser based client products.
- Principle Software Engineer
- Contributed in development that created initial
Windows Media Services product for delivery of internet
video and audio (e.g. MTV and CNN).
- Delivered initial components that compiled under
both Linux and Windows 2000.
INTUIT, INC., (Consumer / Small Business Software) Menlo Park, California. 1992 to 1994.
- Director of Project Management: responsible for OEM project
coordination, quality assurance department, and release management
- Developed master scheduling program and practices to track
progress of 150 vendor releases.
- Contributing software engineer for PCMCIA (PC Card) DOS and
Win 95 VxD drivers.
BUSINESSLAND INC., (Personal Computer Retailer) San Jose, California. 1985 to 1990.
- Project Manager/Software Engineer: Managed the development of
ROM based Quicken for Hewlett Packard 200LX and 96LXi pocket
- Lead Software Engineer: managed process of official build
releases, member of product management team, and contributed
engineering features for the highly successful Quicken DOS Version
- Systems Project Manager
Created a corporate Inventory Forecasting and Planning System, a
multi-microcomputer based system used for product management of retail
and catalog operations.
- Quote System and Quote Approval System
- Conceived and developed sales quoting system with
electronic order entry used by 700+ sales representatives
in domestic and international operations.
- Coordinated Electronic Data Interchange (EDI)
implementations with Shell Oil, Chevron Oil, and
- Prepared and presented trainings in classrooms, via
satellite TV, and on video tape.
- District Service Manager (Houston, Texas): supervised the
service dispatch, product handling, and computer
assembly/configuration aspect of Businessland's retail operations
for its Gulf States District.
- Managed service and inventory operations for five sites in
- Supervised six managers with responsibility for 32
- Inventory operations of $3 million and service revenues of
$150 thousand per month.
KEY TECHNOLOGY EXPERIENCE:
- Languages: C, C++, PL/I, 80x86 assembly, mySQL, Visual
Basic, Visual Test, AWK, Lex/Yacc, stl, Perl, HTML/XML/CGI, 4/8 bit
Windows OS and UI,
Linux, Microsoft MFC, Solaris 8, Novell NMS, MSDos, HP Palmtop GUI, Palm, Brew
Windows services and daemons, pthreads, Unix async I/O, CIFS, NFS, VxDs, PCMCIA,
TAPI, BIOS, SNMP
- Tools: Soft-Ice, Arium hardware ICE, VMWare, Sniffer, LineMaster